Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you had a wonderful week enjoying the company of your friends and family.
November is a good time to reflect on what you are grateful for. I try to express my love and appreciation for the people and world around me daily but it can be hard to pause during busy months to let the gratitude sink in.
Gratitude is about being thankful of what you have, but to me it’s also about using whatever I have to help those around me.
Today I wanted to share 10 easy ways to show and share gratitude!! Not every act of kindness needs to be a grand gesture...these are the simple ways that I show gratitude as often as I can.
1. If you eat out at a restaurant and have leftovers, get the food packaged and offer it to someone in need.
2. Compliment strangers.
3. Leave tips...no matter how small.
4. Send your friends snail mail. Writing to your friends to thank them for being in your world makes you and the lucky recipient happy.
5. Always say “please” and “thank you.”
6. Go through your closet and donate everything you no longer wear.
7. Tell someone that you love them.
8. Take time to mentally appreciate your surroundings. Silently thank the bees for pollinating the flowers, thank the grass for growing, thank the sun for shining, thank the ocean for kissing the shore.
9. Take yourself on a date. Spend a day practicing self-love (you can read more on that here). Do what you LOVE to do.
10. Be the kindest version of yourself always.
© Annie Fay Meitchik. All Rights Reserved. All content on anniefay.com is my own or credit is given when applicable, please do not use any of my images before contacting me above or @ email@example.com.